HAMPSHIRE CVS NETWORKS
Local CVS organisations offer a range of services to voluntary and community groups and organisations based in Hampshire, to enable them to carry out their work, achieve their aims and become more effective.
This website gives information about their services: http://www.hampshirecvs.org.uk/
Across Hampshire there are 11 district level Councils for Voluntary Service (CVS) and the Hampshire-wide CVS Action Hampshire (AH). AH is also a Rural Community Council, supporting and enabling initiatives in rural communities.
Portsmouth area is supported by Action Portsmouth
Southampton is covered by Southampton Voluntary Services
Isle of Wight is supported by Community Action Isle of Wight
These charities are members of the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action.
The five primary functions of a CVS are:
- Services and support to local voluntary and community organisations (VCOs), providing funding information, support with applications and training.
- Liaison between VCOs and other agencies/ partnerships
- Representing the views of the VCOs on strategic issues
- Development work and strengthening VCOs
- Strategic partnerships and contributing to the development of sustainable community strategies